Books mentioned: Pedro’s Journal by Pam Conrad, Encounter by Jane Yolen, illustrated by David Shannon.
Paul’s Facts about Christopher Columbus:
- Christopher Columbus sailed from Spain.
- Christopher Columbus looked for Asia.
- Christopher Columbus wanted spices from Asia.
- Christopher Columbus was actually in North America.
- It was hard to sail the ship.
- They got to North America October 11, 1492. [In Pedro’s Journal, Columbus spies land late in the night the day before they actually go to the land.]
- He didn’t know he was in North America!